So Leni Riefenstahl is dead. A complicated and influential documentary maker. Helped to lock in Hitler’s power through influential filmmaking while refusing to cut Jesse Owens’ successes out of her work. Basically the founder of modern sports films, and the first one to use crazy camera angles and tracking the action of the games. Perhaps the ultimate “I’m just an artist” defense to all accusations that she participated in the Nazi horrors. And a brilliant filmmaker. So so complicated.
- RT @KQED: Yes, that's this Monday. Pass it on. #Election2018 https://t.co/QtfFG9xLTo 2 days ago
- RT @francismmaxwell: Being white means you skip this lesson. It's not mandatory, but what should be mandatory, that we LISTEN. That we unde… 5 days ago
- “To lead with beauties to rise above the unnecessary.” - Tim Leberecht #TalentConnect 1 week ago
- "We have differing views re other qualifications of Kavanaugh... But we are united in believing that he did not dis… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 weeks ago
- Men (and everyone): Make your support for Dr. Christine Blasey Ford visible ibelievechristine.com 2 weeks ago