So Leni Riefenstahl is dead. A complicated and influential documentary maker. Helped to lock in Hitler’s power through influential filmmaking while refusing to cut Jesse Owens’ successes out of her work. Basically the founder of modern sports films, and the first one to use crazy camera angles and tracking the action of the games. Perhaps the ultimate “I’m just an artist” defense to all accusations that she participated in the Nazi horrors. And a brilliant filmmaker. So so complicated.
- Most of us aren't aware how often we complain. Yet this one habit erodes relationships, limits creativity, undermin… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- I wrote a book! “No Complaints: How To Stop Sabotaging Your Own Joy” is coming out soon. Get your FREE digital cop… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 days ago
- RT @donttrythis: Raymond chandler was over 40 before he wrote his first novel. Ridley Scott was 42 when he directed ALIEN https://t.co/1ia3… 4 days ago
- RT @neiltyson: I'd bet Benjamin Franklin would have been really good on Twitter. 4 days ago
- RT @SenFranken: RED ALERT: Senate GOP just added provision to their tax plan that would gut ACA & kick 13M ppl off insurance. Yes, it's sam… 5 days ago