So Leni Riefenstahl is dead. A complicated and influential documentary maker. Helped to lock in Hitler’s power through influential filmmaking while refusing to cut Jesse Owens’ successes out of her work. Basically the founder of modern sports films, and the first one to use crazy camera angles and tracking the action of the games. Perhaps the ultimate “I’m just an artist” defense to all accusations that she participated in the Nazi horrors. And a brilliant filmmaker. So so complicated.
- RT @repjohnlewis: Never give up, never give in, never give out. Keep the faith, and keep your eyes on the prize. Together, we can redeem th… 3 days ago
- RT @scalzi: Today's reminder that if your flirting style is indistinguishable from harassment, it's not anyone else that's the problem. htt… 3 days ago
- Good read for all, particularly those who want to be good allies to the trans & non-binary communities. everydayfeminism.com/2015/07/assump… 3 days ago
- RT @Lin_Manuel: Gnight from the older version of you Who remembers the very moment you are in right now And is grinning from ear to ear, b… 3 days ago
- RT @sakeriver: Today as I was walking home after my run I saw a large lemon rolling down the hill. It kept rolling for about a quarter mile… 3 days ago