So Leni Riefenstahl is dead. A complicated and influential documentary maker. Helped to lock in Hitler’s power through influential filmmaking while refusing to cut Jesse Owens’ successes out of her work. Basically the founder of modern sports films, and the first one to use crazy camera angles and tracking the action of the games. Perhaps the ultimate “I’m just an artist” defense to all accusations that she participated in the Nazi horrors. And a brilliant filmmaker. So so complicated.
- RT @schoolwalkoutUS: On Friday, April 20th we want students to attend school and then promptly WALK-OUT at 10:00 am. Sit outside your schoo… 2 days ago
- RT @sarahchad_: Dear Donald Trump, I’m the 16 year old girl who tweeted you and told you i didn’t want your condolences, I wanted gun cont… 2 days ago
- RT @andizeisler: General periodic reminder: The term "toxic masculinity" does not mean "all men are toxic." It refers to cultural norms tha… 2 days ago
- RT @StephenKing: The 2nd Amendment extremists will never be swayed from their hardline position. The only way to enact sane gun regs is at… 3 days ago
- RT @voxdotcom: More than 40 black athletes are competing at the Winter Olympics this year. Here's why that's a big deal. https://t.co/IdlT3… 4 days ago